Working in 'partnership' in primary schools is an approach that is transforming the classrooms of the 1990s. It is now widely acknowledged that a collaborative approach can significantly improve the effectiveness of teaching.
This book provides a practical, readable account of partnerships in educational settings including:
* collaborating in nurseries and primary schools
* reading and literacy partnerships
* working with special needs assistants
* supporting students in training
* home-school links
* liaising with an OFSTED inspector.
The focus is placed on key principles of collaboration as well as specialist roles. Personal testimonies and case studies are used to illustrate the various aspects of teamwork.
'The case studies were interesting because they provided practical examples of how the principles of partnership have been applied in different contexts ... the book was quite readable.' - Management in Education