- This format is currently out of stock.
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after December 30, 2023
The Collected Critical Heritage II comprises 40 volumes covering nineteenth and twentieth century European and American authors. These volumes will be available as a complete set, mini boxed sets (by theme) or as individual volumes.
This second set compliments the first 68 volume set of Critical Heritage published by Routledge in October 1995.
The Critical Heritage series gathers together a large body of critical figures in literature. These carefully selected sources include:
* comtemporary reviews from both popular and literary media. In these students can read about how Lady Chatterly's Lover shocked contemporary reviewers or what Ibsen's Doll's House meant to the early women's movement.
* little-known documentary material, such as diaries and correspondence - often between authors and their publishers and critics.
* landmark essays in the history of criticism.
* significant pieces of criticism from later periods to demonstrate how an author's reputation changed over time.