European Security in the New Political Environment provides a thorough analysis of the detail and nature of post-Cold War security issues, from both traditional and new security agendas, assessing the current efficacy of current institutions and policies to address these issues.
Table of Contents
List of abbreviations.
1. National Interest and the Primacy of National Security.
2. Security, Disorder and the Role of Institutions.
3. Germany: Agent for Security or Insecurity?
4. Russia - Quest for Identity, Status and Hegemony.
5. The United States and European Security - Pragmatism and Sharing.
6. France and Britain: Competing Visions.