- This format is currently out of stock.
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after December 30, 2023
Islam and Chowdbury provide an overview of the major economic issues in the Asia Pacific region, as well as individual country case studies. The book is divided into 2 parts: Part I offers new insights into the core issues, the topics discussed include:
* macroeconomic management
* financial systems and domestic resources
* growth, poverty and income distribution
* third wave democratization
Part II provides case histories of Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, and China. Each country is treated systematically, with a brief history, followed by a political and economic analysis.
Non-technical and accessible, this book is supplemented by a substantial bibliography.